Thursday, August 14, 2014

Abigail turned 1

I cannot believe Abigail is a year old. How the past year has flown by! How distinctly I remember those hot summer nights when she was first born and just wouldn't sleep at night. And now she is a beautiful little toddler. She eats well, sleeps well, and loves life. She is so full of personality. She's a feisty little girl who knows what she wants (for right now, of course). When she the boys have something or take something she wants she squawks like a crow. It is pretty funny! She walks while I hold her one hand (not alone yet) and while holding onto furniture. She has stood a few times unassisted. She saws quite a few words already and loves to try copy words. She goes with me everywhere and is always watching what I do. Often she tries to copy cleaning or cooking. She really is such a joy and we adore this little girl!

This morning we gave her a little doll for her birthday and she loves it. She immediately tried feeding it with the small bottle it came with and holding it close to her and patting it on the back. She then squawked loudly when Stephen tried to take it away. 
Wings and a tutu from Grandma
Rob and I gave her the doll, which has a little bottle too
So happy! She then tried to touch the flame. 
Not sure about this pink cupcake...
Breaking it apart
She tried it and liked it (although not enough to eat the whole thing)

No comments: