Monday, July 7, 2014

We moved!

The week before we moved Rob went out to Baltimore for a conference he was presenting at. So I spent much of that time packing. It was seriously a busy time. Rachel, one of my dearest friends from Provo, came to help me and stayed till 11pm the one night and then came and helped again. On the Thursday night I got a babysitter and went to pick Rob and his sister Casey up from the airport in Salt Lake City.

At the hotel pool in Idaho
Watching tv at the hotel

Then on Friday Rob went to get a large moving truck and we spent the whole morning and half the afternoon packing the truck and clearing the house. Lots of our friends came by to help. I am so grateful to them! Sadly not everything fitted in the truck so we just left it behind. By 4pm we were all on the road. I felt really tearful that day as I said my final goodbye to friends and left my dear city of Provo, which I had come to love. We stopped somewhere in Idaho for dinner and then continued driving till about 7pm when we got to Pocatello, Idaho. Rob continued driving with Stephen and Charlie in the truck, while Casey, Abigail, Thomas, Luke and I stayed in a hotel that night. After a good breakfast at the hotel we headed on the road again and arrived at our new home at 2pm. I had been really nervous about driving by myself for so long but it really wasn't hard at all. I was grateful for that.
Entering Montana (the sign says Welcome to Montana)

Idaho is a really boring looking state. It is mostly just flat (at least the part we drove through) and you see the horizon in every direction you look. But then as you enter Montana you begin to see high mountains and lots of pine trees. Then as we continued driving we just gasped frequently at the beauty of the state.

Finally we arrived at our new home. We found out that the truck Rob had been driving broke down twice and it took him a very long time to get to our house. However, by the time I arrived the pack had been unpacked (some branch members had come to help) and all the boxes were in their respective rooms. Without waiting around much, I began the tedious task of unpacking. I was so lucky to have Casey's help. And with her help it really didn't take too long to unpack everything.

The boys have been loving living here. We're in a very rural setting and so we have deer that come into our yard every morning and evening. We have baby chickens now too (Rob built a large chicken coop for them) and have planted an orchard or fruit trees. The Blackfoot river is a short walk away as well.

I am enjoying having more space and I don't find it anymore work to clean up the house, fortunately. I definitely feel more sane having more space and like the children aren't on top of me constantly. It is a big blessing to be here.
My new home
The backyard

No comments: