Sunday, July 6, 2014

Scripture Study Group

Quite a while back (in Provo) I organized a scripture study group with some of the sisters in my ward. I also invited others I knew might be interested. After a few weeks we ended up with five of us meeting every second week, which then turned into every week. We would pick a topic and study it. I generally suggested some questions to guide us in our discussion and then during our get together we would discuss what we learned. It was amazing! All of us began to really study the scriptures more and we began to learn things we didn't know or understand before. The meetings we had were powerful and the Spirit was always strong. As women we grew very close to each other and it was so sad to say goodbye. We had a luncheon before I left Utah and that was fun. It is something I am going to miss a lot! But each of us I think is different because of that experience. What a blessing!
Four of the five: Tova, Ruth, me, Melissa
me, Melissa, Ruth, Tova (in my almost empty house)

No comments: