What a fun weekend this last one was! Friday night Morag McNiven babysat. She is so incredible with my kids. She brought them each Christmas gifts and then they made a gingerbread villiage. They love her. While she was having fun with my kids, Rob and I went to a double birthday bash of some of my friends. Kendra and Cortney were turning thirty and they had a birthday party at the roller skating rink in Orem. We started off roller skating and then did karaoke afterwards, which resulted in a lot of laughter. It was such a fun evening! I hadn't roller skated at a rink in 23 years (I calculated that the last time was in Standard Five at Melanie Becker's birthday party!) so it took me a while to get my balance but as long as I bent down slightly and stuck my butt out, I didn't struggle with balance too badly. Although, stopping quickly was tricky for me and a few times there were kids who stepped out in front of me and we all nearly died! Kendra took pictures of us roller skating which I still need to get from her.
 |
| The morning after - about to eat their village for breakfast! |
Then, on Saturday evening Rob and I went on a date to
The Quarry, which is an indoor rock climbing place in Provo. Sadly, I forgot to take my camera to get pictures of us climbing (I added pictures from the Quarry's website below). They have various types of climbing things and we tried top rope climbing (with ropes) and bouldering (without ropes). I really loved it and tried four different routes and did them multiple times and then rappelled/abseiled from the top to the ground afterwards, which was also fun. So in top rope climbing, Rob stood at the bottom holding the rope while I climbed in case I fell and then would give me rope as I rappelled down. Then I did that for him. I was glad he didn't fall because I probably would have been swung up in the air, given that he is a lot heavier than me. (I saw that happen to others!) Then with Bouldering, once you can't do anymore, you just let your body fall to the ground on a mat. Usually my hands would just give out and I couldn't hold on anymore. Anyway, it was probably the most fun date we've ever been on. (Playing tennis was a close second to that!)
 |
| Top Rope Climbing at The Quarry |
 |
| Bouldering at The Quarry |
1 comment:
That looks like heaps of fun! Whew it was good toread this light relief after llearning about Stephen's kitchen antics a.k.a suicide missions. My nerves were shot!
Post a Comment