Monday, June 10, 2013

Seven Peaks

We got Seven Peaks passes again (for only $12 where we can go all summer long as often as we want). Honestly I wasn't sure I wanted a pass again, because last year the twins hated going and it was difficult with three kids. Read that post here (It is amazing to see how much the twins have grown in the last year, looking at the pictures in that post). But, with the pass being so cheap, I thought why not?

So we went last week for the first time and it was ok. Stephen was having a bad day where he felt a little insecure and wanted me to hold him most of the day. The twins didn't want to be splashed but they didn't feel the need to be on top of me, clinging to my neck, like last year. I figured it was their first time this summer and maybe they'd enjoy it more as the summer progressed.
We went again today and it was a hundred times better. Luke and Stephen loved it and splashed and enjoyed getting wet. I needed to keep Stephen close because he had far more confidence than his ability not to fall in the water, which was more than waist deep for him. At one point, he pushed me aside and I stayed really close behind him. Within seconds he fell forward into the water and I grabbed him out. He just started laughing. You could see he thought that it was so funny. I have a life vest for him but he struggles to move around in it. Thomas sat on the side and moaned most of the time, saying he wanted to go home. I'm not sure he'll ever enjoy being there.
Enjoying getting wet
Splashing
Thomas, before all the moaning started
Sweet little Stephen
Luke, so happy to be there

No comments: