Luke: Mom, there's a bug here! ... And, he's walking!!!!!! ... Just like Daddy!!!!!!!
Thomas: It is hot and hot!!!!
(When Thomas wants to express that it is very hot, he says this. If something is large, he says it is bigger and bigger.)
Thomas: Read this pirate book!
Rob: That is not how you ask.
Thomas: Please read the pirate book, matey.
Me: At the end of the summer, Grandma is going to come and Nana is going to come.
Luke: And the mail is going to come.
Me: ....
The other day there was an older gentleman helping Rob with the backyard.
Luke: Are daddy and Jonah working in the backyard?
(Both Luke and Thomas were convinced he was Jonah because of his short, white beard, like in the cartoon they've watched of Jonah and the whale.)
As I was spraying some perfume on me,
Thomas: I want some!
Me: This is for mommy. Maybe daddy can share some of his with you?
Thomas: I want some of daddy's ketchup on me.
Everyday for about a week after his birthday party,
Thomas: Mom, I want a birthday party!
Luke: I have a burger in my nose!!!
Me: What are you talking about?
Luke: I have a burger in my nose!!!! I need to get it out.
Me: Oh, you have a booger in your nose....
I was peeling a grapefruit.
Thomas: I want some orange.
Me: It's not an orange. It's a grapefruit. I don't think you'll like it. (I know from recent experience.)
Thomas: I want to taste it.
Me: Ok (as I give him a small piece)
Thomas: Oh....It is yummy in my tummy!!!
Thomas: Mom, can you take me on an adventure?
Luke, running inside: Did you see that guy outside?
Me: No, was it a neighbor?
Luke: No, it was a caterpillow [Read caterpillar]
Me: Oh?
Luke: And he only had five legs!
Luke, holding a fluffy toy shaped as a fish: This fish needs to be in the water.
Me: No, it's not real so it doesn't really go in water.
Luke: Well, Jesus is real!
Me: Luke, please be quiet for a minute.
Luke: Shhh. The baby in your tummy is sleeping.
Thomas: Can I hold the baby in your tummy?
Luke (in an excited voice): Granma is coming today!
Thomas (in a crying voice): Granma isn't coming today.
I love Thomas' pronunciations of many words. Here are some of my favorites:
scriptures: sickers
spaghetti: forgetti
bicycle: bike-sybil
binoculars - noculars
pinecone - kinecone
2 comments:
Oh my heavens, these had me laughing at my computer screen. My favorite: Well Jesus is real!
This made me smile😃
Post a Comment