Friday, June 15, 2012

Seven Peaks

A few months ago I got a pass for Seven Peaks, which is Utah's largest water park with lots of different pools and tons of rides. It is very popular among people living in the Utah Valley. It seems like everyone I know here gets a pass. What is cool about it is that kids under 4 get in for free. So, I have been so excited to go there with the three kids this summer.

Well, I've now gone three times. The first two times I went with a friend and their child (a different friend each time) but the twins both hung on my neck and weren't really interested in swimming. They did not want to leave my side and would cry when they got splashed by other children. Stephen didn't seem to mind being splashed and quite enjoyed the water, but he is so young he needs to be held. Having three kids on my lap constantly is NOT the experience I was hoping for.

So today a friend watched Luke and Stephen and I decided to take just Thomas to the water park. It was a better experience, but he still hung on my neck and didn't want to be splashed but dealing with just one child like that (and not three) was easier. After we'd been there for an hour, Thomas said very quietly, "Let's go home!" I asked him if he was sure and he nodded. So we went home.

I still want to keep going because I like swimming, but perhaps next year we'll have to find a pool where there are fewer people. Seven Peaks is always very packed and I think this might be the thing making them nervous. But, we'll see.

1 comment:

Aubrey Sain said...

We definately need to go together. We have found a little spot that not many people go to! Tomorrow is pretty busy but if you want to go tuesday we could. Just FB me or text me.