This year I helped organize the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. So on Saturday morning I took Luke and Thomas (it was Stephen's nap time and he wouldn't know what was going on anyway) to the park where the hunt was. They had two sections. One for kids 3 and under and one for the older children.
A week before they had gone to a birthday party at the park and they had a pi
ñata and when it broke, candy got scattered all over and the boys had to run and collect as much candy as they could. They LOVED it and kept talking about how they wanted to go back to the park to find more candy.
 |
| Walking to the park |
Well, just before the hunt I told them that this was similar and they needed to run and collect candy in their baskets. They had so much fun. Half way through they stopped and began checking their eggs, by opening them and taking the candy out.
On Sunday we talked to them about Easter. Rob asked them what Easter meant. Luke said it meant getting candy at the park. So we explained that it is actually about Jesus and celebrating that he is still alive. I don't think they really understood, but one day they will.
 |
| Searching for eggs |
 |
| Checking their eggs |
 |
| Walking home (Luke said his basket was a backpack) |
No comments:
Post a Comment