Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sleeping

Thomas, Stephen, Luke
Thomas and Luke are now 2 years and 2 months old while Stephen is nearly 6 months old (6 months on July 3rd). The twins love their little brother and Stephen loves watching them. In a few months I bet he will love playing with them too.

The twins' language skills keep growing. It is fun although they are learning to talk back and express their own opinions too. I love their quirky little ways of expressing themselves. Both Thomas and Luke will say that something or someone is sleeping if they are not accessible in that moment (although they pronounce it "seeping"). For example, if I tell them that they cannot watch Elmo's World, they will say, "Elmo sleeping!" If I tell them they cannot go outside and play with their car and truck outside because I am busy, they will say, "Car is sleeping!" They know what sleeping means but they don't yet get that inanimate objects and cartoon characters don't sleep.

Lately we've been singing a lot because they have suddenly started singing with me (well, mostly Luke) as we sing. I've been teaching them all sorts of songs because I like the variation and Luke learns the words so quickly I figure it is better for him to hear more songs than fewer. Anyway, one of the songs we've been singing frequently is "I am a Child of God."

The other day we had been singing and Thomas was getting frustrated about something and I figured maybe he wanted me to sing another song. I said to him, "Thomas, do you want me to sing 'I am a Child of God'?" He then replied, "No, God is sleeping!"

No comments: