Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pinterest and Toddler School


Painting with ice blocks (which have food coloring in them)
A caterpillar made out of hand prints
I love Pinterest. I know there are a lot of people who are against it or won't join because they are afraid of becoming addicted, but I have never found myself addicted to Pinterest and can go for weeks at a time without logging in. (For those who don't know, Pinterest is a virtual pinboard which allows you to organize ideas and websites and anything you find on the web.) I love collecting recipes and photography ideas, but mostly I love collecting ideas on how to teach my boys and various arts and crafts I can do with them. We have been doing quite a few and over the summer I aim to do several per week.

I thought about how much fun it would be to do some of these things with other mothers and their toddlers so I have started a Toddler School. We meet once a week for an hour and a half at my house. We do an activity (which we get from Pinterest), we eat snacks, sing songs, and listen to a story. The kids all love it and it is fun because all the mothers get to interact too. Each week a different mother will take responsibility of one thing (either organizing the activity, bringing a snack, singing songs, or reading a story) and because there are more than four mothers, there are many weeks where I won't have to do anything except be there, although organizing one thing is pretty easy. It is the perfect set up.

Here are links to my Toddler School ideas and to the other ideas I have been collecting for my boys.

No comments: