Saturday, October 1, 2011

New naptime routine

About 2 weeks ago Thomas and Luke stopped sleeping during their morning nap. They would either whine or talk to each other, but no sleeping was going on. I did a bit of reading and realized they were moving to the one nap a day routine. So, we skipped the morning nap and after lunch at 11:30am, they would go down for their nap. By noon, they were both exhausted and slept anywhere from an hour and a half to two and a half hours. I missed the two two breaks I was getting previously with two naps, but I still appreciated the nice break I got during the middle of the day. They also have gone from sleeping 11 hours at night (8pm-7am) to 12 hours (7:30pm-7:30am). I had to start putting them to bed earlier because they are so tired by the time the evening comes.
Luke asleep in his room
Thomas in his chair
Anyway, they are still adjusting to the new routine and every now and then they will be so tired they will just fall asleep where they are. Thomas tends to fall asleep in his high chair, while Luke just falls asleep on the ground.

No comments: