Saturday, October 1, 2011

General Conference

General Conference is this weekend, which is really exciting. I love watching it because the talks are all so inspiring and I always know of ways I can improve once it is done. I also love how we get to watch it on TV while sitting on the couch. That is awesome! That is one cool thing about living in Utah.

To read the talks or watch it live, click here.

Last Saturday I went with three friends (Candice, Rachel, and Stephanie) to the Conference Center in Salt Lake City to attend the Relief Society General Meeting. It is always wonderful being there! The talks were wonderful. I enjoyed Sister Beck's talk and President Uchtdorf's talk the most.

Sister Beck talked about the purpose of Relief Society and I loved what she said about Visiting Teaching. She said that it is to reflect Christ's ministry and that we should be ministering to the sisters as He would. She said that how we treat this assignment reflects how we're keeping our covenants and our commitment to Christ. President Uchtdorf talked about 5 things we shouldn't forget: (1) forget not to be patient with yourself; (2) forget not the difference between a foolish sacrifice and a good sacrifice; (3) forget not to be happy now; (4) forget not the "why" of the gospel; (5) forget not that the Lord loves you. It was wonderful.
Nicky, Candice, Steph, Rachel

No comments: