Thursday, March 5, 2009

North Carolina

So when I left Cape Town for Provo six and a half months ago, I knew my time in Provo would be temporary. My degree was 4 years long and I knew once I graduated I wouldn't stick around. I didn't know where I would end up, but it was 4 years from then and so I didn't care.

But, I'm leaving Utah sooner than I thought. Rob lost his job a week ago. Previous to this we'd talked about relocating to Durham, North Carolina. Rob loves NC - as do Greg and Kristin for that matter. So, last weekend I fasted and prayed in the temple to know what the Lord wanted us to do and to know for myself that this was His will for us. I felt so much peace and I knew that we were on the right track and that things had worked out the way they did for a reason. Although I will miss BYU and Provo, I am excited about this new adventure and to live closer to Greg, Kristin, and Seth.

So, Rob leaves on Monday and will drive to NC and stay with his uncle, while he sets up his new business. I will stay here to finish the semester and then after a week-long trip to NYC at the end of April with Rachel (one of my roommates) and Andrea (a girl in my program), I will fly down to NC and spend some time with Rob. I will then head up to Baltimore and stay with Greg and Kristin until June 20th when Rob and I will marry. So, from Monday it will be about seven weeks till I see Rob. It will then be about 7 weeks till we get married. How exciting!

We're getting married in the Washington DC temple and then having a reception in Baltimore. After our honeymoon we will then head to NC. I hope to continue to work for BYU doing research, although I'm discontinuing my doctorate. We don't want to wait 3 years till we start our family. Maybe I will have the opportunity to continue it at some point in the future.

Anyway, it is all very exciting and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.

1 comment:

Dixons said...

WOW, Nicky!!! So much news! Exciting adventure, though. I'm so sad that you'll be leaving here! We were finally living in the same state! ;) I guess it's worth it. You seem so happy, so I'm very happy for you! Good luck with all the wedding plans. Let me know if I can help with anything! And let's definitely catch up soon. Let me know when is good for you.