Thursday, July 10, 2014
My sister Casey
Casey is Rob's little sister from Baltimore. She is 17 and about to become a high school senior. So she came to stay with us for two weeks. She arrived the day before we left Provo and traveled with me up to Montana. She helped us finish pack, clean the Provo house, make dinners, put furniture together, changed Abigail, fed Abigail, babysat the four kids while Rob and I ran errands, played with the boys, helped me unpack, cleaned the house, and just hung out with me. It was wonderful. I absolutely loved having her stay with us. And not just because she was so helpful. I genuinely enjoyed hanging out with her. We talked and talked and talked...about life, boys, the gospel and the scriptures, her future, life as a teenager, and so on. We watched movies, went for walks, and I also got to take some pictures of her (High school students get pictures taken during their senior year, so I took some senior pictures of her.) I didn't really know Casey at all before she came out and now I am so grateful for this time we had to get to know each other and now I feel like she is my sister and not just Rob's little sister that I don't really know. Casey and I were both really sad with her leaving but she wants to go to college out here in Missoula, so we really hope that that works out. She fell in love with this state and did not want to ever leave. So, I'm sure she will be back to stay with us over her summers in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment