Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lake Party


Me and my four children on the lake
Montana certainly is the land of trucks, SUVs, and lakes. There are so many lakes just minutes from our home. Today we went to the all-day branch activity at a nearby lake. Some members of our branch own a lake house with a pier and boats and all the accessories and every year they have a party there. We had a barbecue for lunch and enjoyed swimming and boating and relaxing.
Fishing
Placid Lake
When we got there we took out a canoe and went fishing for a while. I had never been fishing before. I didn't catch anything though. The kids all loved it! Rob rowed us around and eventually we went back to shore. One of the guys asked if we wanted to come in his speed boat so we all got into the speed boat. He had some kids on a tube behind. He would go very fast and as crazy angles so you felt like the speed boat was about to tip over but then the kids would go flying off the tube into the water. Tubing looked like a lot of fun so I said I would like to try. I hung on very tightly and my hands and shoulders hurt. There were a number of times where I really should have fallen off but somehow I managed to stay on. However, he was really trying to get me to fall off and we went sped around and around and I just couldn't hold on any longer. It was fun and what was especially nice was the water in the lake was warm (not like Hawaii, but pleasant and refreshing). 
Right after tubing, still in the speedboat
After lunch we just went swimming in the lake and then relaxed chatting to various other people. It really was such a fun day. And the kids absolutely loved it. The twins (especially Thomas) are feeling so confident in the water, which is great. 
Rob taking the boys swimming
Swimming in the lake
More swimming

No comments: