Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Missoula, Montana

While we were in South Africa, Rob was notified by the University of Montana that they wanted to interview him. A few days later they interviewed him while we were staying with my dad. Then within a short while they said they wanted to fly him out for an interview.
In April Rob drove out to Missoula, Montana and fell in love with the place. He looked at a house I wanted him to look at and really liked it. The interview went really well and he connected with the people there. I began to know within me that this is where we are going to live and that this is where God wants us to be. Eventually they called him and offered him a job.
So now we are finishing up our house and getting it ready to sell. We also put an offer on the house I want and will close around June 20th. We will move shortly thereafter.

I have had very mixed feelings about leaving and feeling a lot of stress. Change has always been hard for me, especially when it involves moving. I love my neighborhood and my ward. I have such a fantastic support network and amazing friends here (Kellie Nelson, Kendra Wilkins, Rachel Averett, Tova Choate, Ruth Calabro, Melissa Hubert just to name a few) whom I have come to love dearly. We'll be living in a more rural setting, which makes me nervous because I am so social. But, I know this is where we are meant to be and I know that it will be very good for us.

So, although Missoula is not what I imagined for myself (I was thinking more along the lines of Georgia where the climate is nicer!), I know that it will be good and I will come to love it there.

No comments: