Friday, September 6, 2013

Help from my mom

Wednesday was a sad day as that was the day my mom left after being here for 6 weeks (three weeks before the birth and three weeks after). With her being here I was able to cope with an uncomfortable third trimester and three rambunctious boys as well as all my other responsibilities. Then, after the birth, she helped so much with Abigail, so that I could rest and also continue to care for the boys, who felt extra needy because I had been in the hospital for three days and because of a baby which took away my attention. Due to her being here we were able to get out and do lots of fun things, which would have been too overwhelming with all these kids, if I had been alone. She also helped so much with the housework and reading to and playing with the boys. Additionally, she helped my come up with a schedule for coping with all I have to do once she left. It was absolutely wonderful having her here and I am so grateful she was willing to come and help during my time of need. She is greatly missed by all of us!

No comments: