I love collecting all the random and strange and hilarious things they say. Here are the most recent ones:
They both say:
gootar instead of guitar
glubs instead of gloves
pengoo instead of penguin
cooncumber instead of cucumber
comcuter instead of computer
Thomas also says:
"I no like ..." instead of "I don't like..."
"What doing?" instead of "What are you doing?"
Luke also says:
"My nose is coming out" when his nose is running.
Here are some hilarious dialogues between me and them:
Me: Say "fast." (South African pronunciation)
Luke: "Fast." (American pronunciation)
Me: Is it "fast" or "fast?" (First South African pronunciation and then American pronunciation)
Luke: I prefer "fast." (American pronunciation)
Thomas: Can I watch a movie?
Me: No, not now.
Thomas: I will read books, then can I watch a movie?
Thomas: I want to watch a movie.
Me: You didn't eat your breakfast so you don't get to watch a movie.
Thomas (in a crying voice): Now Charlie gets to watch a movie because he ate his breakfast.
(Charlie is our dog)
Me: You're being good, Thomas!
Thomas: Oh, then I can watch a movie!
Me: I don't think so.
Thomas: ...
Luke: One day I will be big. I'll be able to cook. I will also go to school in the school bus with my backpack on and crayons inside. I will ride the bus with my friends.
I tried to explain that we're going to be doing school at home (I plan to homeschool them) but he wasn't having any of it.
Thomas occasionally calls me by my name: What you doing, Nicky?
Me: Are you going to get married, Thomas?
Thomas: No, I am not Mary, I'm Thomas.
Lately we've been focusing a lot on the Bible stories (Jonah and the Whale, David and Goliath, Noah and the Ark, and so on). When I showed a picture of Jonah and the whale to the twins,
Luke: Oh, that is when John ate the whale.
Me: "Luke, where are your underpants?"
Luke: "It is Sunday and they are sleeping."
Luke: "Mary had a little yam..."
While looking at a book of animals,
Thomas: "What is that?"
Me: "A parrot."
Luke: "A carrot?"
Me: "No, a p-p-p-parrot."
Luke: "A p-p-p-carrot."
No comments:
Post a Comment