Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Abigail

So, I found out a few days ago about a place I can go to to find out the baby's gender for very little money (relatively speaking). I think it is the cheapest place in the county right now. So I called them today and they said I could come in this afternoon. I contacted Rob and asked if I can pick him up from school just before so he can come with me.

The ultrasound technician began looking at the baby's profile and limbs and then moved to look between the legs. At first I was thinking, "oh wow, it looks like a boy!" but then she said, "It's a girl! And it is a textbook case - so easy to see." I felt so excited. I wouldn't mind having another boy, but I have been convinced for a while that we're going to have a girl.
Her profile
It's a girl!
So mid-August we will get to meet Abigail Michelle Smith. How her name came about is an interesting story. I was driving home and sitting at the traffic light just before coming to my house and the name Abigail came clearly into my head. I knew this was to be the name of the girl we would have. At the time I wasn't pregnant, although I knew I probably would be shortly. I came home and immediately Googled the name. The name means "her Father's joy." You can read about her in 1 Samuel, but she is a wonderful, righteous woman who married David. She is a peacemaker, and described as both beautiful and intelligent. So, this is the Abigail our Abby is named after. (Rob said he wants to call her Abby, so I'm happy to go with it.)

No comments: