Friday, February 15, 2013

More Potty Training

Luke is fully potty trained (during the day). He still wears a diaper at night. It is so wonderful!!!

I started potty training Thomas on Monday and it was a totally different experience. He seemed to be very much aware of when he was going to poop and sometimes pee, but he was not willing to sit on the toilet for very long. I think he was a little uncomfortable and so he held it in. So he had a lot of accidents. But, by Wednesday he began to get more comfortable and the accidents became fewer. It was still difficult and part of me wanted to give up, but I felt like I had already put so much time into it that I needed just to stick it out and see what happened. Yesterday he had one accident and caught himself midway through and ran and finished on the toilet. Today is Friday and he has had no accidents. So, he seems to be getting it.

On Tuesday Luke went outside to play for a little while in the snow. Thomas wanted to go outside as well. I said no because he wasn't wearing any pants. He begged and begged and eventually I said to him the he could go outside but he wasn't allowed to wear pants (because according to the method I am using it leads to a regression in their potty-training development if they wear pants too soon). I honestly that when he felt how cold it was he wouldn't want to go outside, but the cold did not deter him. He didn't even want to wear a coat, just a hat and boots.

No comments: