I'm still working at Selnate International School and I love it. It has been great to take a break from being a mom and housewife four days a week. I love teaching mathematics and I enjoy getting a paycheck every second week.
Preparing these students for the GRE (Graduate Record Exam - the entrance exam for US graduate schools) has been challenging. They lack confidence in their ability to do mathematics. The test is timed and so they not only need to know the content, but they need to be able to think and work pretty quickly.
Despite this, I enjoy it and am so grateful for this opportunity to work. In August they will be extending my contract and I will be working two hours four days a week (double the pay!!!). So I will start at 8am instead of 9am. This way I can be home at 10:15am so Rob can go to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment