Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our backyard

Tent and pool
Slowly our backyard is being transformed. It's becoming a fun place where we'll spend a lot of time this summer.

Firstly, we have an extensive vegetable garden which Rob has planted and worked VERY hard at. We're already getting lots of spinach daily from it which I like to use in salads instead of lettuce. The strawberry plants have also been growing well, but the birds keep eating the strawberries so we'll have to get netting to stop that.

I worked hard a while ago to get the lawn cleared so the grass can grow. Rob put down weed killer and has been watering it and so it looks lovely now. It grows really fast so it has to be mowed weekly which is crazy. The boys love to run about on the grass and ride their truck. I also put out their little plastic chairs and their tent which they enjoy crawling in and out of. We have a little swimming pool too which the boys love to play in. When it is hotter I'm sure I'll get in as well.
Sandpit
Then today I finished the sand pit for the twins. I put it in an area where the grass hasn't grown much so that I won't destroy the lovely lawn we have. They love playing in it already so I think that will keep them busy this summer.

Then I have also hung several kinds of bird feeders and so we've been getting quite an assortment of wild birds coming into our backyard. The boys love to watch the birds eating and drinking and they call out to them: "Tweet! Tweet!"

No comments: