Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Ward

Rob walking with Thomas and Luke to church
So when we moved in this house in December we were no longer in a BYU student ward but in a family ward. Well we've been attending this ward for 5 months now and Rob and I love it. We both feel like this is the best ward we've ever been in. It's not that we didn't like our other wards, but this one is really special. The reason it is: the people are wonderful. They are genuinely friendly and really humble. They make you feel included. They love to serve. They are living the Gospel. I've always enjoyed going to church, but in this ward I look forward to church each Sunday. I love mingling with these Saints.

I get to see many of the young mother during the week. We have a weekly playgroup on Wednesdays where we rotate who's home it is held at. We're also starting up a running group soon (where we can go running 4 times a week). I love getting to know these women. Then there are regular Relief Society meetings on week nights (which up until now I haven't been so good at attending). This last Thursday we had one and I loved it.

Rob is the cub scout leader in the ward (11 year old boys) and I am the ward photographer and a Relief Society teacher. We love to serve these amazing people. It is a joy and a blessing.

No comments: