So if life wasn't crazy enough, the last couple days introduced some new challenges. Rob has been on a four day drill weekend where he has to sleep over, so it's just been me and the kids. That's not too bad, but with still being sick myself, I've really felt the Lord help me to take care of my responsibilities despite how I was feeling physically. Last night Stephen screamed and screamed for a few hours. He seemed to be a bit feverish and have diarrhea. Finally at 6am I crawled into bed for the first time, exhausted. Two hours later the boys were awake and I had to get up to feed them breakfast. When I took Luke out of his crib I noticed a bit of vomit on his bedding. I thought that was weird. When I took Thomas out of his crib he had these strange marks that looked like ringworm or something on him. Later, the boys went down for a nap and when I got Luke up his bed and clothes and face were covered in vomit. This evening he has the worst diarrhea I have ever smelled. It smells like 100 rotting fish in his diaper. So, who knows how they got what they got. I consulted Greg and took Thomas to the pharmacy so a pharmacist could look at the marks, but apparently it is too soon to tell what it is. It could be a number of different things from scabies, to ringworm, to a heat rash, and so on.
Here are some pictures of Luke and Thomas taken using my new lighting equipment. I'm still experimenting but it is fun and Luke enjoys being photographed. He started crying when I told him I was done photographing him.
 |
| Thomas (21 months old) |
 |
| Luke (21 months old) |
2 comments:
oh my goodness! i swear everything that could go wrong is happening to you - not fair! how can I help you?
Nicky,
This too shall pass. I am so sorry. Addi had a weird stomach bug that made her throw up and have diarrhea like you are explaining. It lasted about a week. I hope that everyone gets healthy soon. Some day you will look back and think, yeah I was strong enough to get through that, thank heavens!
Post a Comment