Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wymount Opening Social

Yesterday we went to the Wymount Opening Social - it is an annual event held for all the people who live in Wymount Terrace (BYU Student Family Housing). They have games for kids and free food. The big event is the tug-of-war, which our quad actually won this year for the first time.

Anyway, the boys loved it! They ate a packet of chips, some cotton candy (candy floss), got helium balloons as well as balloons in the shape of animals, although they couldn't see the animals in the balloons (dog and duck for Luke and Thomas, respectively).


Thomas with his duck. Luke waiting for his dog.
In the afternoon we watched a couple movies and went to bed early because Rob left for Malaysia today (and we had to get up at 3:30am) for 18 days of Army training.

On Friday night we couldn't decide what to have for dinner so we figured we'd just go out to eat. We've been looking for a good Chinese restaurant, but so far haven't found one in Provo. We drove to American Fork and went to one there. The food was mediocre - we had the buffet, but what was totally wonderful was the fact that there was unlimited amounts of sushi you could eat. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have eaten more. I haven't had sushi in about 3 years. I missed it!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Nikki, I saw the title of your post and thought... please tell me we won the tug of war! Thanks for keeping us updated and congrats on finally getting the victory. :) Also, I didn't know you were expecting as well. Congrats!