Sunday, August 14, 2011

What we've been up to this weekend...

Thursday evening we headed up to "our" spot on Squaw Peak (where we camped out before) with Heather and Jason Boren (who used to be in our ward) and using our Dutch oven, Rob made a delicious stew. A Dutch oven is similar to a Potjie used in South Africa, but has a flat bottom, unlike a Potjie which has a round bottom. The boys enjoy being outside a lot!

On Friday Rob came home from school early and we went shopping for a skirt and pants for me that will fit my expanding belly. We found the perfect pregnancy pants at Macy's on the sale rack and a skirt with an elastic waist at Ross. It took a long time because we were going from store to store looking for something right for me. In the evening Rob made dinner and we watched a movie.
On Saturday we heard the boys wake at their usual time of 7:15am and as I was about to get up Rob told me to go back to sleep and he would give the boys breakfast. So I eventually got up at about 8:30am which was so nice! We hung about the apartment, I went to the library to get a book I wanted to read, Rob made lunch, and then in the afternoon Rob took the boys out for an hour or so so I could nap. We then walked to the Creamery and got ice-cream (man, their ice-cream is incredible!). Rob then made dinner. I felt so lucky to get such a great break from everything I normally do.

The boys have been sick and so on Sunday I stayed home from church with them. This evening we all watched a movie about the life of President Hinckley which was really nice.

It was a really nice, relaxing weekend spent together as a family!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Love the Cornell shirt!