Sunday, April 17, 2011

What's up...

So, our offer on the house was accepted and we were so excited. Because we were going to get a VA loan (i.e. from the military), it has to pass an inspection. Rob went to the house on Thursday morning to go check out some things, like the plumbing in the crawl space beneath the house (no basement in this house) and to his surprise the plumbing was all jacked. We knew it wouldn't pass the inspection and it would be much to expensive for us to fix. Sadly we had to back out of the contract. Fortunately, we didn't lose any money, just time. So, we're back to square one again. There aren't any houses that are in our price range that really stand out to us. Most are either in terrible condition or in terrible areas. We'll see what happens.

Friday night we went to the Ward BBQ for a while - man, do I love a good American barbecued hamburger. Yum! I could have eaten two, but I didn't. Rob and I then took off and Rachel babysat the kids. We went to the BYU Planetarium and stood in line for about 30 minutes with tons of other people only to discover they had canceled the show due to it being a Reading Day (like study week in South Africa) at BYU. So, we drove to the dollar theater to see what was showing. Nothing too exciting so we decided on Gnomio and Juliet, a 3D animated film about gnomes, based on Shakespeare's tragedy. It was entertaining and there were some really funny things in it. It was my first 3D film though! I thought the gnome in a mankini was funny as well as when the one gnome (Benny or something) dressed up as a daisy to disguise himself. He said something like, "I love going commando!" For some reason I found it funny.

Anyway, yesterday Rob and I went for a walk and then we had a barbecue with Heather and Jason. We grilled a huge piece of steak which was just delicious. Tomorrow night we're going to barbecue ribs. Yum!!

This week we have Thomas' and Luke's first birthday party. I got to make a bunch of yummy things to eat. Quite a few people are coming.

No comments: