So the boys turn one next Wednesday (27th) and so since Sam (and family) were leaving today for France and we wanted to have a joint birthday party, we had their birthday party last Wednesday (April 20th). I really didn't think it would take long to organize, but I was WRONG. Thank heavens Sam and I did it together.
Tons of people from my ward came with their babies (most of them being 6 months old and younger). Val Bibb, Des Belt, and Mervyl Meyer also came, including Candice Bailey, Rachel MacDonald, and Krista Tripoli. The boys got lots and lots of gifts which they enjoyed opening. Unfortunately most of the gifts didn't say who it was from and so I don't know who to thank. But, I am very grateful to all who came and all who gave gifts, and all who helped set up and clean up afterwards.
We were hoping to have it outside, but it is April and in Utah it rains A LOT! So rain was forecast for the afternoon at the very time that the party was scheduled and so I had it inside. The most fun part was when we gave each boy (Thomas, Luke, and Benjamin) their very own cake with a candle on it. We sang to them and they each dug into their cakes immediately. Thomas ate 80 percent of it, while Luke just had a little. They loved it though.




No comments:
Post a Comment