Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's been happening here lately...

So, a week ago Rob left for Tennessee for army training lasting two weeks. It has been hard having him gone for so long, but I've just kept busy and hopefully this coming week will just speed by. At least we get to talk on the phone daily which helps.

Luke is crawling backwards still and Thomas does so occasionally although sometimes he just scoots along on his bottom. I thought by now they would be crawling, but I guess it is going to take a while longer. I have to keep my eye on them because they are moving about and sometimes when I go to the laundry and hen return (less than 5 minutes), they are hiding under something like a table or chair. Last Saturday I was home alone (Rob was at the National Guard) and I left the boys in their room playing while I took a shower. When I was drying myself off after the shower, I heard a knock on the bathroom door. Of course my heart stopped because I was wondering who was in my apartment. When I opened the door, there was Luke. He had crawled out the bedroom and was tapping on the bathroom door.

Tonight Luke is a bit sick. I'm not really sure what is going on, but I think it might be that he is teething. He has a fever and has been clingy and crying all afternoon. He is now finally asleep and I'm hoping that he will sleep through the night. It was really hard this evening because Luke was screaming and Thomas was crying and whining because he wanted me to give him attention (I think he was bored), but I had to focus on trying to get Luke's fever down since the medication I gave him wasn't working. Finally I resorted to a cold bath. He did not like that!

I'm going to start yoga on Friday mornings. Laura Harper (used to be Meyer) teaches a class and asked me if I would like to join the class. I've never done it before but I think it will be good. Laura is in a graduate social work program at BYU and I am helping her with a statistical program she has to use to analyze data for a class she is taking. In return she is going to cut my hair on Wednesday. I'm just going to get it trimmed because I'm trying to grow it longer. Anyway, last night we had a really good conversation about motherhood and she provided me with some invaluable perspectives on self-sacrifice and the change in one's identity that comes with being a new mother.

The other day my friend Sam brought over her baby Benjamin and I took loads of pictures of my boys with him. Benjamin was born just 20 minutes before the twins in the same hospital. Anyway, as soon as she put Benjamin down next to them he threw his arms around Thomas. It was really cute. Luke didn't really feel like smiling though. Thomas couldn't stop smiling! Here are  two of my favorites: 

1 comment:

Tish Solomon said...

It's going to be hard telling your boys apart:-) good luck with your next week on your own... hope it gets better?! and if anyone offers to help, say yes please!!