So I gathered all of their toys which had eyes on them and I showed them (Luke was the only one of the two who was interested) where the eyes are on the toys (and on me). Luke now uses his little index finger to point to the eyes when I hold up a toy and ask, "Where are the eyes, Luke?" It is so cute!
It is incredible how quickly they are learning things and how much they want to copy me. I showed them once how you can bang two balls together and make a noise. Now they do it with all their toys. I showed them how some of their toys have balls or wheels they can roll with their fingers and now they do that all the time.
Yesterday I was trying to show them how to draw on a piece of paper, but they just wanted to eat the paper. Oh well. I'll keep trying.
They are now eating cheerios and other small finger foods. Right now Thomas is sitting in his bumbo chair, which has a tray attached and he is feeding himself his lunch. Luke is sitting on the floor holding their little firetruck upside down so he can inspect the wheels and turn them.
A friend of ours gave them a ABC animal book this morning (a late Christmas gift) and they love it! So many things for them to learn and I'm loving teaching them!
1 comment:
that is SO cute! yeah, they pick up everything - it's amazing! so much for us to learn as parents! love that they teach us!
Post a Comment