Monday, February 21, 2011

What a weekend!!

So, Friday morning I went to a yoga class taught by Laura Harper - it was awesome! It kind of kicked my butt because it was hard to keep breathing consistently and I struggled to balance at times, but the stretching felt so invigorating. I really felt it in my ab muscles and my thighs - places I guess I need to strengthen. When I left I felt exhausted but I felt tons of energy a little while afterwards. I went home and chatted to Stephanie Aud for a while (she is in my ward and lives 2 doors above me and looked after the boys while I was gone) and then proceeded to wash the dishes.

Rob called a short while later and said there was a package for me and that it was quite large and so I would need 2 hands to carry it. He said to hang up the phone and go to the mail box and then call him when I had got it. Well, I went to the mail box and there wasn't anything there. I was a little confused. So I called him back but he didn't answer. How strange! I went back to the apartment, opened the front door and there he was standing. I was so shocked. He then said something about the package actually being inside. He had the biggest grin on his face! All I could say was: "What are you doing here?" because I was supposed to pick him up from the airport the following day (Saturday) and was so shocked to see him in front of me. I was shaking with excitement and I nearly cried with happiness. He said we needed to pack a bag for the boys and put some clothes for myself in the suitcase because the Borens would be looking after the boys and we would be going out to lunch at whatever restaurant I chose and then going to a hotel for the next 24 hours so that I could get a break from the boys and Rob and I could spend some quality time together after being apart for two weeks.

Wow! I couldn't believe it.  So, of course, I chose a Thai restaurant (Thai Mango - their food is incredible!) and off we headed to the Hampton Inn (we only ever stay there when we need a hotel, because it is our favorite!). Anyway, it was lots of fun and reminded us of what it was like before we had kids.

Since then I have been reflecting on just how lucky I am to have a wonderful husband who loves to surprise and spoil me! I'm a better person because of him and I'm so grateful for the unconditional love he has for me. With him being away for two weeks, it helped me realize how much I need him and how much he always does for me. Rob is such a blessing in my life and I cannot imagine my life without him.
A picture from when we were dating
A picture from when we were engaged

2 comments:

April said...

so cute! I'm so glad you had a night away! that is so wonderful!

Abby said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad you two had a fun weekend:)