Thursday, February 24, 2011

Illness and haircuts

So last week Luke had Roseola, an illness I had never heard of before. Fortunately it seems like Thomas isn't going to get it, but it takes about a week before the symptoms start showing, so who knows! Monday morning though, Thomas woke up with a cold and by Tuesday morning Luke had it. So, I've definitely seen my fair share of snot this week! I'm just glad neither of them have fevers because that is hard with twins, as I experienced just one with a fever for four days. That was rough! Anyway, they seem to be getting better now. Luke does have a weird rash on his face, which developed yesterday morning. I'm not sure what it is from, but I'm watching it.
They love sitting in their chairs watching what is going on outside. I can't wait for the Spring and they can actually sit outside.

Luke's hair was getting a bit long. It didn't really need to be cut, but Rob suggested I cut it. I told him I am in charge of hair cutting. :) If he were in charge, their hair would just get buzzed with clippers. So, today I sat him in his bumbo chair, gave him a toy to play with, and tried to cut his hair (using a comb and scissors). That was tricky because he kept moving to see what I was doing - obviously far more interesting than the toy in his hands! So, I slightly messed up above his left ear, but it isn't too noticeable. It is also not a very even cut, but this was my first time cutting a baby's hair and so I'm pleased with the result.

1 comment:

April said...

good job! If you want to borrow my buzzer (sp?) it works great! :) it's a bit easier than a comb and scissors, which I tried too on michael's first haircut. :)