Thomas and Luke are now six months old. Good grief! Time is flying by so quickly. The nurse from the Health Department came by yesterday and weighed them: Luke now weighs 15 lbs 11 and Thomas weighs 16 lbs 10. Thomas is such a solid little guy. Luke is my little bean sprout! She was a little surprised when I told her they aren't rolling yet - something I'm kind of grateful for, but she says it is something I should work on with them. They do love to stand and Thomas will bounce up and down. Luke, on the other hand, locks his little knees. She then noticed that he hyper-extends his knees, just like I do. She says they're doing really well though.
 |
| Luke in the snow |
Yesterday we woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground. I can't believe winter is already here. Fortunately by the afternoon it had all melted. It is nice to think that we'll be out of UT for a whole month and miss the snow (especially while we are in South Africa for three weeks). I took the boys out to take a few pictures of them in the snow. After taking a couple pictures of Luke, I put him back in the stroller and reached for Thomas. As I set him down in the Bumbo chair, my wedding and engagement rings went flying and landed somewhere in the snow. I immediately saw my wedding ring and put it back on my finger. No wonder it fell off - it was way too big for my finger! I hadn't really noticed that before. I began searching in the snow for my engagement ring but I couldn't find it. Both of the boys began to cry and so I decided to quickly take them home and put them in the crib (they were really tired and crying for a nap!) and then search again. As I left my apartment, I knocked on my neighbor's door (April Jacob) and asked her if she could help. She and I said a prayer and returned to the spot where it fell. Within two minutes she found my ring - it fell quite far away from where I was and I hadn't really been looking in the right spot. I was SO grateful, but realized I can't wear my rings if I don't want to lose them as my fingers are too skinny at the moment.
Later when the boys had had their nap (and all the snow had melted) we went outside again and I photographed them in the leaves. It was so cold that they didn't really feel like smiling.
 |
| Thomas |
 |
| Thomas |
 |
| Thomas |
 |
| Thomas |
 |
| Thomas |
 |
| Thomas |
 |
| Thomas, my little pixie! |
 |
| Luke: "I'm talking to you!" |
 |
| Luke: "Brrrrr!!!" |
 |
| Luke |
 |
| Luke sucking his thumb |
 |
| Luke |
 |
| Luke - I love that little smile! |
Anyway, Thomas was sick on Monday. Yesterday I woke up sick and feel more sick today. Just common colds, but not fun! Luke had a runny nose on Monday but that was it. I suppose 'tis the season of colds and flu!
1 comment:
I'm so glad we found your ring! Maybe you should eat more chocolate, you skinny girl you! :) your boys are adorable and you're becoming quite the photographer! :)
Post a Comment