Rob and I were married on June 20th in the Washington DC temple. It was raining heavily that day - I was disappointed, but such is the weather on the East Coast: unpredictable. Kristin's aunt came and did my make-up and Rob's cousin, Karalisa, did my hair. We then drove to the temple and we married at 11am. I was nervous until I met up with Rob outside the temple and I suddenly felt calm and peaceful. The ceremony was simple and beautiful at the same time. My mom, Greg and Kristin,
Candice Bailey (roommate and friend from the ELM),
Lauren Benally(friend from the BYU 126th ward), Des Belt (friend and Capetonian, living in Provo), Elaine Ruck (a very dear friend from Cape Town who flew out for the wedding), and Jeff and Joanna (Rob's dad and Step-mom) were there at the sealing. Rob and I were both praying like crazy for the rain to stop. When we got outside the temple, it stopped for 10 minutes so we quickly had some photos taken. We flew our photographer,
Spencer Hall, out from UT because we liked his work.


After taking a few photos, before the rain began again, we then

drove to Taneytown, MD and we we had an informal open house (reception). The wind was blowing like crazy, but I knew it was either going to be rainy (like everywhere else) or windy (because the wind would blow the clouds away and it wouldn't be rainy anymore). The simpleness of the open house made the temple ceremony really stick out in my mind more which is awesome. Anyway, Rob's mom (Anna), Greg, and Rob gave short speeches which were nice. Rob made the most amazing cake for our wedding. When I was in London on my mission and walking down Gloucester Street toward Exhibition Road (don't know why I remember so much detail) on a Sunday morning, I saw a cake which I knew I wanted for my wedding. So, when Rob and I began talking about wedding plans, I told him about this cake. Although the cake is popular in the UK and SA, no-one in the US seemed to have ever seen such a cake before when I began inquiring about getting such a cake made. They all quoted me a LOT of money, so Rob decided he could make the cake. It took him many days but the end product was so beautiful....and incredibly delicious. Everyone was raving about the cake. :)
Rob and I waiting for the Open House to begin.


Seth

Kristin, my mom, me, Rob, and Greg
No comments:
Post a Comment