Saturday, December 12, 2009

Honeymoon (June 2009)

For our honeymoon we went to Florida - I had never been there and I wanted to swim in warm water. Since we got married on the East Coast, Florida seemed like the obvious choice. We chose a town that was not overrun with tourists: Amelia Island (north east of FL).

Rob picked out the B&B: Ash Street Inn. It was lovely!! The breakfasts were delicious too. We spent much of our time on the beach or in the swimming pool - it was VERY hot and humid there and so there was little else one could do outdoors. The water was so warm - it really was delightful. Exactly what I had envisioned. :) Otherwise, we did take a walk to the main street of the town and looked around. I searched for a tie-pin to add to my collection.

We dined at local restaurants - we enjoyed eating barbequed ribs (I felt like I was finally getting used to and actually enjoying the American barbeque flavor).

Overall, it was a wonderful time, but way too short! :) We had to keep it short because we needed to get to Utah because I was already missing a whole week of classes.

Our B&B

Eating out
At the beach


No comments: