Friday, March 20, 2009

"You have to live spherically"

This evening Candice and I watched the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. It is a mildly entertaining, completely unrealistic romantic comedy. Knowing a thing or two about Italy and life there, some of the things they suggest about life there are ridiculous (such as the easiness of buying a villa there). Anyway, it is still a fun movie...and reminds me of Italy and how it would be good to keep up my Italian skills.

One quote I like from the movie is when Katherine tells Frances something she heard from a famous director: "You have to live spherically, in many directions and never lose your childish enthusiasm and then things will come your way."

I think this is so true and I want to live my life this way. I want to live with enthusiasm and celebrate the opportunities that come my way... and grab life with both hands.

This week has been hard. My classes are really demanding, work demands a lot at the moment, I have a thesis to think about (although I'm dropping out of the doctoral program, I'm going to get another masters - I can do that at a distance and won't take too much more from me because I have most of the credits) and a prospectus/proposal to write, a wedding to plan, and I miss Rob SO MUCH. I have just felt so stressed because I feel like I have more to do than I have time for. Anyway, despite this, I know that being at BYU is such a great opportunity and I have so many great things happening in my life... I can only be happy and embrace everything Heavenly Father has given me with enthusiasm. My biggest blessing right now is my Rob. He is so loving and so supportive of me and everything I want to do in my life. Yesterday I got home after having a particularly hard day, there was a big bunch of brightly coloured beautiful flowers waiting for me with a wonderful note attached from Rob. I felt so loved! Then, in the evening, Rob booked a flight out to Utah for the first weekend in April (2 weeks time) so we can watch General Conference and attend my mission reunion together. I'm so looking forward to it!!!!

1 comment:

Dixons said...

It sounds crazy, but it's good-crazy, right!? So happy for you! I know that everything will work out. Love you!