So a little over a week ago I joined Gold's Gym. I've been thinking for a while now that I really want to work out but my current set-up just isn't working out.
I had been running in the mornings and I really enjoyed it, especially when I went running with a friend (which made the running more enjoyable and I was pushed to run harder and faster). But, most nights I wasn't getting enough sleep due to Stephen still waking up in the night and getting up to pump and then between kids getting sick and having nightmares, I wasn't getting enough sleep. I felt myself getting more and more tired and by the time 6:30am rolled around the idea of getting one more hour of sleep was more enticing than going running. I couldn't run during the day because pushing them all in the stroller was just plain insane! Then, in the evenings after they all went to bed, it was just way too hot to go out running (unlike South Africa, it is hottest here around 5pm and doesn't cool down till it is very late). So, the days were passing by and I wasn't going running.
Rob had bought weights for us to work out at home but I just wasn't really able to get into that. Free weight training has always been a struggle for me. I much prefer the machines which restrict the movement and you're focusing on isolated muscle groups.
So I finally told Rob I needed to join the gym. Fortunately for me there is a Gold's Gym just 5 minutes away and so I joined it last week. My neighbor Kellie is also a member so we're going to try go together as often as possible. The plan is to do both cardio and weight training three times a week. I want to get toned, which is very much needed after my last pregnancy, but I'd still like to be able to run and not feel like I'm dying after a few meters. The girl I was running with (who lives behind us) will still go running with me on Tuesday mornings and so that should be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment