This Mother's Day has been a really good one. Rob made a delicious breakfast (French Toast, Bacon, and OJ). I went off to church after that but Rob stayed home with the boys because the twins have colds and Stephen has had a fever and has been congested [side note: I got two hours of sleep last night because Stephen had a high fever and I couldn't get it down and he couldn't sleep. Finally Ibuprofen worked. For some reason Tylenol did nothing for him. So I was pretty tired this morning.] After church Rob gave a me a gift - a book I've been wanting on studio lighting - and a card with a beautiful message. After a great back massage, I was given an ice-cream treat he made with Moose Tracks ice-cream and Snickers. Then Rob made a delicious curry for dinner and presented me with some of my favorite candy after dinner. Yum! It's been great.
I have reflected today on my own mother and how grateful I am for her. When I became a mother I became more aware of her sacrifices for the five of us children. I became aware of the immense work involved in mothering children, especially young children. When Stephen was born I particularly missed her more than usual and wished she was here. I knew I could have relied on her to provide assistance with the twins and in fact with all three when I desperately needed additional sleep. I know this because of all the help she gave me when I had the twins. But not only did I miss her because I knew I could rely on her, I missed her because I had a newborn and she is my mother and somehow birthing a child makes a woman want her mother close by. My mom has always been there for me and although I live really far away from her now, I love that I can Skype her regularly and chat over the internet often. One day I hope that we get to live closer and I can spend more time with her than is currently possible. She is such a wonderful grandmother and I want my sons to grow up knowing her very well. Thank you mom for being such an amazing mother and grandmother. I love you very much!

No comments:
Post a Comment