Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Luke, Michael, Thomas, James, and Luc
I must say I miss Easter in South Africa. There you get Friday and Monday off as Public Holidays. Here you get nothing! I feel jipped! Anyway, this was the first year the twins could "hunt" for Easter eggs.

On Thursday my three little boys and I went to a friend's house with various others who have boys the same age. She organized a little Easter party for us. The boys got to have an Easter egg hunt and we got to eat cake and sit on the blankets outside and talk. It was really nice! Luke and Thomas were pretty clueless though and didn't know what to do. In the US everyone puts candy in little plastic colored eggs. So the twins were unsure about why they needed to pick up these plastic eggs. After a lot of encouragement, they eventually did. They were quite excited afterwards to discover all the candy they had acquired.

Then on Saturday morning we went to the ward Easter egg hunt and again, the boys acted clueless. But then again most of the two year old kids were unsure of what was going on. They scored a lot of candy though.
Ward Easter Egg Hunt: Instead of picking up eggs, they watched everyone else doing it.
Ward Easter Egg Hunt: Dipping into their Easter baskets full of candy.
Ward Easter Egg Hunt: They kept watching everyone else and it was hard to get their attention.

No comments: