Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dirt! Dirt! Dirt!

Whenever the boys have a poopy diaper, I always tell them they have a dirty diaper. Then when they have food all over their faces, I tell them that they are dirty. So, being toddlers, they hear the word dirty a lot. Well, they now love to say the word "dirt." (And sometimes they say "Sies!" along with saying "Dirt!") It must be noted though that they say it in a South African accent (as they do all words so far). Luke says it all the time, especially whenever I change his diaper. He points in that general direction and says "Dirt!" over and over again. Well, over the past few days whenever Luke is in the bath, he now points to his private parts and says, "Dirt!" This makes me laugh.

Tonight we had a really dirty experience. The boys were in the bath and I was sitting in the bathroom watching them. Suddenly I heard a few grunts from Thomas and I noticed some poop floating around in the water. I hurried to get Thomas onto the toilet so that he could finish his business, which he did, and then I got Luke out so I could clean the bath and run another one. Within moments, Luke pooped and I had two little brown things from his bottom on my shoe. It was so disgusting! That was my fun experience this evening.

No comments: