So I told Dr Dewey today (my OBGYN) that I should get an ultrasound because Rob was worried there was more than one baby inside and it would ease his mind if we found out for sure that I was having one baby. Dr Dewey said that is totally fine.
 |
| Body and Head |
So, it turns out (fortunately for me and my sanity!) there is just one baby inside and it looks like it is a little boy. I was so relieved and excited. I was hoping for a boy just because I have all the baby boy things I will ever need and that is just easier.
 |
| Face and Body |
So, based on the fetus' dimensions it looks like my due date is actually January 6th, but I'm planning for a c-section (since I had one before due to the twins being breech) and the idea of a VBAC just sounds risky. There are too many unknowns for my liking. So we'd plan the c-section for before January 6th. Dr Dewey said January 3rd would be good, but this of course depends on my not going into labor prior to that day. Here are three of the clearer pictures taken from the ultrasound. It is generally rare to get an ultrasound so early on - it is most common at 20 weeks - so it was harder to see things.
 |
| Legs and Boy Anatomy |
Regarding names, for now, Rob and I have decided on Stephen Robert Smith. Stephen because recently I have been reading The Acts and have been so impressed with Stephen and his faith. Robert because that is the name of my dear husband.
2 comments:
Congrats on the news of another baby coming soon. That's exciting. My sister is having twin girls in the next two weeks so that is exciting in our family. I tried calling you a few weeks ago with a South Africa question I had for a course that was localized in South Africa, but I didn't get through. I wondered if you had changed your phone number. Anyway, I hope you're doing well. It's fun to read your blog and find out what you're up to.
Congrats!and good luck:-)you are amazing!
Post a Comment