 |
| Luke, Mary, Thomas |
In May we drove out to Maryland. Rob had 2 weeks of army training in Virginia and so I stayed with Greg and Kristin. The trip out there was a bit of a nightmare because the boys just wanted to get out of their car seats all of the time. At least we stopped for 36 hours in Michigan to see Rob's grandfather. The boys enjoyed not being in the car for a while.
Seeing all the cousins together was fun, although kind of exhausting at the same time. Kristin helped out so much with the twins and gave me a nice break which I REALLY appreciated.
 |
| At Vaccarro's |
Rob came up to Maryland on the Friday and we went out. That was probably one of my best dates ever. We went to
Vaccarro's in
Little Italy, in downtown Baltimore. All I can say is YUM! We ordered a large Belgian waffle, topped with 8 scoops of gelato, smothered in cream, chocolate fudge sauce, and nuts. It was too large for both Rob and I to finish, although we definitely tried.
We then walked around Little Italy and took photos. At one point Rob was a few yards in front of me and two men started talking to me. They asked where I was from and when I said South Africa, they started asking tons of questions about it. Rob then walked over and pretended to have a South African accent and they were totally fooled thinking we were just some tourists. It was really funny. Rob and I then walked up to Federal Hill and sat on a bench looking out at the pretty view of Baltimore, all lit up. It was a really fun night.
 |
| Baltimore |
 |
| At the BBQ |
The next day we drove out to Shrewbury Pennsylvania and had a barbeque with Rob's family. Sunday we just hung out at Greg and Kirstin's home. In the evening Rob headed back to Virginia.
The following week was a bit crazy because Kristin got a stomach bug, I got some crazy sinus infection and had go on antibiotics and then I think I got the stomach bug for 24 hours. So, for most of the week Kristin and I lay on the couches and felt so sick. My morning sickness had also just begun so I just felt terrible.
 |
| Mary, Luke, Thomas, and Seth |
Thursday afternoon Rob returned and early Friday morning we headed out to Ocean City and spent the day on the beach. Lots of fun. We then left for Utah on Sunday morning and traveled for 36 hours to get back to Provo. The boys were out of control and I vowed not to drive across the country with them for a LONG time.
 |
| Thomas and Luke in Seth's Jeep |
 |
| Thomas, Seth, and Luke |
No comments:
Post a Comment