Sunday, April 3, 2011

New words and new house!

It is amazing to see Thomas and Luke progressing. They are each trying to stand as much as possible, although Thomas doesn't get that he has to hold on all the time if he doesn't want to fall over backwards.

A few weeks ago I went into the boys' room where they were playing and Thomas was holding a soft fluffy yellow duck (which Jacqueline du Plessis gave them before they were born) and I said, "duck!" after which he said "dud." I was so shocked because it sounded like "duck." So, I sat down next to Thomas and, pointing to the duck, I said, "Say duck!" He said, "dud." I tried this several times, with the same results. Incredible. Turned out Rob had been saying "duck" to them over and over again over the previous few days. A while later, Luke said "dud" as well. This morning when I went into their room to get them up for breakfast, Luke had a poopy diaper and so I lay him down to change him. He always tries to crawl away and so I gave him the duck to hold. He said, "dud" without me first saying, "Say duck!" These kids are so smart.



Remember "good" was Thomas' first word? This morning I put them in their bumbo chairs and gave Thomas his first spoon of oatmeal for breakfast. He then said, "Mmmm, good!" I was blown away by that! Yesterday Thomas said "yum" when I gave him his breakfast and Luke says "yessssssss" every now and then, as well as shaking his head in a disapproving way for "no."

I took Thomas down the slide at the playground (in our quad) and he loved it. Luke also went down, but didn't care for it at all. Thomas loves to catch and throw the ball.
In other news, Rob and I have been approved for a mortgage and so we have been house hunting. The first two houses we went to, neither of us felt very good about, although I felt better about the first house than the second. Then, Thursday night I found another house online and we went to view it yesterday. It is perfect for us. It is a bit of a fixer-upper, but Rob is up to the challenge. Last night we were talking about how we're going to fix it up. It is going to be awesome. We're putting in an offer tomorrow, so we'll see if we get it. We like that the property is 1/3 of an acre.

Thursday we didn't go to the Planetarium, because apparently there are only shows on Friday nights. But, this past Friday we went to my mission reunion. It was cool to see people from the mission and the Wheelwrights. This is Rob's third year in a row that he has come to my mission reunion and met the Wheelwrights and each year they ask who he is. He thought that maybe they would remember him by now.

This weekend is General Conference and they have been some great talks so far. It's been pretty awesome!





1 comment:

April said...

wow! what? so cute! when are you moving? i have to talk to you!!