Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The latest...

Yesterday for lunch I gave Thomas and Luke some bread that Rob had made. I always say what I am giving them and so I said, "Bread, Thomas." He then said "Bread!" I was so amazed. He only said it once and wouldn't say it again though.

Lately Thomas likes to pretend he is answering the phone. He would do it with all sorts of objects that have buttons. Then, on Sunday I made my phone ring and pretended to answer it. If I talk on the phone and mention his name, his smile is huge! I then handed him the phone and as always, he says "ay-yo" which sounds a lot like "hello." Rob and I just kill ourselves laughing every time he does that. But, since that time he will only do it with a real cellphone and not random objects that have buttons.


Luke continues to shake his head, although mostly at Rob. We're not sure why he does it, but it is pretty hilarious because as he is doing it he gives the most disapproving look. I need to get that on video sometime.

The other day I got the boys a tent. It is about a meter by a meter and has a tunnel leading from it. Every time I put it out they immediately crawl inside and play with their toys. They really like it a lot. They then crawl in and out and through the tunnel.

In 2 weeks time the boys will be one. CRAZY! Anyway, Sam's little Benjamin will be one too, of course, because they were born on the same day and so we're organizing a joint party for them. They're leaving for France sometime before their birthday and so we're having it a little early. We've planned some fun things, but just need to nail down the day we're going to have it. We want to do face-painting, painted footprints and handprints, blowing of bubbles, and so on. I want to have a bunch of my friends without kids to come help so that Sam and I don't have to worry about the activities.
view inside the tent from a hole in the top
Thomas coming out of the tent to get more toys
Thomas getting more toys to take inside the tent
Luke sucking on a ball
Thomas playing with blocks
Luke still in his PJs
Last week Rob was gone for four days for National Guard drill. I was so happy to have him home on Sunday! I am so exhausted today. I think I might have gone to bed too late. I tried to nap when the boys nap, but really I can't wait to go to sleep tonight. This Friday Rob and I are going to go to the Planetarium which will be fun. Rachel (my old roommate) is going to babysit the boys. Tomorrow I'm going to Kaysville (about 90 minutes drive north of Provo) to see my old mission companion, Kacy. She has three kids and so that should be fun. That's about all that is going on here these days. 

No comments: